I started watching Vampire Diaries a few months back. I was bored, and some of my friends used to watch it and they loved it. I was hesitant, because I was getting tired of the whole vampire romance thing. All the young adult sections are filled with vampire love stories which are all the same. The girl falls in love with a guy who’s a vampire and the guy has to protect her from other vampires. Blah de blah de blah. Same old ,same old. And then there’s Twilight. It was a great idea. Bella is a human an she falls in love with Edward who’s a vampire. But what I don’t like is how Bella is portrayed as helpless and weak and Edward always has to protect her and make decisions for her. And then there’s the whole issue about Edward sparkling. Oh my. That is just wrong. A vampire is NOT supposed to sparkle in the sun.
( No offense to people who like Twilight. Like I said, I think it’s a great concept. please don’t chase me with pitchforks. *Puppy dog eyes*)
What was I saying anyway? Oh yeah, The Vampire Diaries. One day, I decided to take a chance and watched an episode. Long story short, I loved it. I’m eagerly waiting for season 4.
Okay, so here are reasons why I like the Vampire Diaries.
- It has a great plot. It’s fast paced, interesting and draws you in. Read the summary here and a review of episodes in season 3 here.
- Damon Salvatore. He’s kind of the main reason why I watch Vampire Diaries. *squeeal* He loves his brother Stefan, even though he won’t admit it. He’s dark, sarcastic, funny and has his heart in the right place He’ll do anything for Elena. Oh, and he’s cute.
- The originals. The Mikealsons are the original vampires, the first vampires to roam the earth. Klaus, one of the Originals, needs Elena’s blood and so came to Mystic Falls. I love Klaus. Even though he’s the bad guy and all. The rest of his siblings also come. They’re so cool. And they have British accents. *gushing*
- Claire Holt. I kinda have a girl crush on Claire Holt who plays Rebekah Mikealson. Rebekah is one badass vampire chick. Plus she’s pretty.
- The cast of Vampire Diaries are so nice. Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Claire Holt, and Michael Trevino teamed up to send Gabby Douglas and the talented U.S. gymnasts their love, praise, and support with a video.
- The cast keeps tweeting photos from set. That’s perfect for stalkers like me. For more pictures, go here.
That’s why I love The Vampire Diaries! You should try watching it, you may like it too. You can watch it here.
Now I’m off to
stalk Claire Holt on twitter and maybe watch season 3 again study. See ya later!